Translate

Saturday 10 January 2015

Do as Directed....Questions for XII ENGB

1)        “She was completely blind. Didn’t you notice?” he said.
2)        Leading him down the hall, she opened the front door. (compound sentence)
3)        And then it is done. (negative)
4)        He rests at ease beneath some pleasant weed. (Noun form of ‘rests’)
5)        Many of them offered bowls of water to my father. (change the voice)
6)        The Tsar carried the wounded man into the hut. He laid him on the bed. (Simple)
7)        Charandas: Don’t hold me back, Maharaj. (narration)
8)        The woman gave the girl detailed instructions. (voice)
9)        I also remember people visiting our home to offer thanks after being cured.  (compound sentence)
10)    All the answers were different. The Tsar agreed with none. (Complex)
11)    Your eternal summer will never fade. (affirmative)
12)    It has grown slowly consuming the earth. (use noun form of “Grow”)
13)    Queen: Charandas, take pity on me. (narration)
14)    It takes much time to kill a tree. Not a simple jab of knife will do it.( complex)
15)    The woman gave the detailed instruction  as to where to keep her things.(use verb form of ‘Instruction’)
16)    The hermit rose, stretched out his hand for the spade. (simple)
17)    She did not watch her purse which she left behind her on the day-bed.(split)
18)    “Eat some more, son” she said.
19)    The frost has wrought a silence. (voice)
20)    She laughed pleasantly. (adjective form of ‘Pleasantly’)
21)    We lived in our ancestral house which was built in the middle of the 19th century. (join in compound sentence)
22)    All the answers were different. The Tsar agreed with none of them. (Join as simple sentence)
23)    Not a simple jab of the knife will do it. (make affirmative)
24)    Charandas: He, who steals, Maharaj, is only called thief. (Narration)
25)    The humming insects do not disturb his sleep. (change the voice)
26)    I have endeavored to understand the fundamental truths which were revealed to me by my father. (simple)
27)    I wanted to raise my hand and touch her hair, but she moved away. (Turn into complex sentence)
28)    They are in trouble. (make negative)
29)    She reached down. She picked the boy up by his shirt front.(turn into Complex sentence)
30)    Munim: Please have mercy on me. I made a mistake. (narration)
31)    This is not a correct approach at all and should never be followed. (Turn into simple sentence)
32)    She was silent. (noun form of “silent”)
33)    I didn’t know anyone else was there. (turn into affirmative)
34)    The Tsar and the hermit unfastened the man’s clothing. There was a large wound in the stomach. (single sentence) 
35)    The bleeding bark will heal. (make Interrogative)
36)    “How answered? What do you mean? Asked the Tsar. (narration)
37)    They seemed very anxious about her comfort. (noun form of ‘anxious’)
38)    There was a very old mosque in our locality where my father would take me for evening prayers. (split)
39)    Was I bothering you? (voice)
40)    I will serve you as your most faithful slave. (change in positive degree)
41)    I would teach you right from wrong. (turn into negative)
42)    Guru said, “Live like a man, my son!” (narration)
43)    She would forget our brief encounter.  (voice)
44)    I answered. I was quite confident.  (join using adverb form of “confident”)
45)    The Tsar agreed with none of them. (affirmative)
46)    The bleeding bark will heal and from close to the ground will raise curled green twigs. (split)
47)    Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May. (turn into complex )
48)    The poet says, “The humming insects don’t disturb his rest.” (Narration)
49)    Was I bothering you? (make assertive)
50)    There’s nothing greater than the truth. (turn into superlative degree)
51)    They called their good-byes and the train pulled out of the station. (transform into  simple sentence)
52)    She was completely blind. (use noun form of ‘blind’)
53)    I wished to kill you. You have saved my life. (join into compound sentence)
54)    You have an interesting face. (make it negative)
55)    Learned men came to the Tsar. They all answered his questions differently. (join into simple sentence)
56)    I was totally convinced that they reached God. (change the voice)
57)    I’ll never tell a lie. (use verb form of ‘tell’)
58)    The guard blew his whistle and we moved off. (turn into complex sentence)
59)    Guru: God bless the queen! God bless the queen. (narration)
60)    Few girls can resist flattery. (voice)
61)    My father had not much formal education. He had not much wealth. (join)
62)    He took a vow a right away. (use verb form of ‘Vow’)
63)    She bent down enough to permit him to stoop. (make it complex)
64)    The bleeding bark will heal. (split)
65)    Woman: What’s the matter, bhaiya? (narration)
66)    The hermit lived in a wood which he never quitted. (voice)
67)    I was totally blind. My eyes were sensitive to light and darkness. (join into a single sentence)
68)    There was nothing mysterious about the prayers. (use noun form of ‘mysterious’)
69)    Thou art more lovely and more temperate than summer. (change into positive degree)
70)    She had a large purse that had everything in it. (change in exclamatory sentence)
71)    She said, looking out into the street, “Good night! Behave yourself, boy!” (narration)
72)    The havaldar starts beating up the drunkard. (use a infinitive)
73)    Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? (turn into assertive)
74)    A soldier, very young, lies open-mouthed. (complex sentence)
75)    One must draw up in advance, a table of days, months and years. (voice)
76)    The engine’s whistle shirked, the carriage wheels changed their sound and rhythm. (split)
77)    Gambler: Gurudev, the only kind of gambling I indulge in is cards. (Narration)
78)    One of the most vivid memories of my early childhood is of the two men. (positive Degree)
79)    The water dripping from his face, the boy looked at her. (split)
80)    You have an interesting face. (exclamatory)
81)    The Tsar did not give him the spade. He continued to dig. (Join into complex sent.)
82)    Hack and Chap. (voice)
83)    The girl said, “Oh, how lucky you are.”(narration)
84)    My mother lineage was more distinguished than my father’s. (change degree of comparison)
85)    There was another pause. The boy’s mouth opened. (Join into simple sent.)
86)    Why don’t you say this to the people who come to you for help and advice.(split)
87)    It takes much time to kill a tree.(voice)
88)    What a tyrant! (assertive)
89)    I wondered if I would be able to prevent her from discovering that I was blind. (Make it simple sent.)
90)    The humming insects do not disturb his sleep. (affirmative)
91)    Not a simple jab of the knife will do it. (voice)
92)    The humming insects do not disturb his sleep. (affirmative)
93)    I wanted to raise my hand and touch her hair, but she moved away. (simple)
94)    The bleeding bark will heal. (make negative)
95)    There’s nothing greater than the truth. (turn into positive degree)
96)    I’ll never tell a lie. (affirmative)
97)    The hermit lived in a wood which he never quitted. (affirmative)
98)    I didn’t know anyone else was there. (voice)
99)    Oh, how lucky you are! (make assertive)
100)                    The humming insects don’t disturb his rest. (make affirmative)
101)                    I turned from the window and faced the girl. (make simple)
102)                    “Can you tell me—did she keep her hair long or short?” I said.
103)                    My father could convey complex spiritual concepts. (voice)
104)                    When they finished eating, she got up. (simple)
105)                    Charandas being renowned thief, it is not easy to catch him.(split)
106)                    Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? (assertive)
107)                    Having taken leave of the wounded man, the Tsar went into the porch. (compound)
108)                    “Why don’t you look out of the window?” she asked.
109)                    Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? (voice change)
110)                    They called their goodbyes. The train pulled out of the station. (Simple)
111)                    You make much more than I do. (change into positive degree)
112)                    Does anyone who dresses like a minister become a minister? (assertive)
113)                    Well done! (assertive)
114)                    The woman said, “Well, I wasn’t going to say that.”
115)                    The hermit was digging the ground in front of his hut.(voice)
116)                    Who can forget you? (assertive)
117)                    I turned from the window. I faced the girl. (Join into Simple sent.)
118)                    The Shiva temple, which made Rameshwaram so famous to pilgrims, was about a ten-minute walk from our house.(split)
119)                    My children haven’t eaten for three days, Malik. They’re half-dead of starvation. (Join in simple sent.)
120)                    Jainulbdeen said, “Adversity always presents opportunities for introspection.”
121)                    You have already been answered. (voice)
122)                    Charandas was honest. He died. (simple)
123)                    A soldier, very young, lies open-mouthed. (complex)
124)                    The boy turned around, wondering what next.(split)
125)                    “I wanted a pair of blue suede shoes,” said the boy.
126)                    They called their good byes.(voice)
127)                    I normally ate with my mother. I sat on the floor of the kitchen. (Join in single sent.)
128)                    When the Tsar approached, the hermit was digging the ground in front of his hut.(split)
129)                    I have nothing to forgive you forgive you for.(interrogative)
130)                    My mother’s linage was more distinguished than my father’s. (change degree of comparison)
131)                    She said “What is your name?” “Rodger” answered the boy.
132)                    When at last the blood ceased flowing, the man asked for something to drink. (Split into 3 simple sent.)
133)                    This water was then carried home for invalids. (voice)
134)                    Why don’t you look out of the window? (assertive)
135)                    A soldier, very young lies open-mouthed. (complex)
136)                    My father told me there was nothing mysterious about the prayers.(voice)
137)                    The soldier was dead. He was young.(simple)
138)                    And he did not want to be mistrusted now. (Remove negative)
139)                    Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May. (Rewrite as past perfect tense)
140)                    The Tsar brought fresh water and gave it to him. (interrogative)
141)                    The guru said to the smoker, “Now, my son, what’s your vice?”
142)                    She thought me a romantic fool. (voice)
143)                    The Shiva temple, which made Rameshwaram so famous to pilgrims, was about a ten minute walk from our house. (simple)
144)                    The strap broke with a single tug. The boy gave it behind.(complex)
145)                    Others declared that it was impossible to decide. (use noun form of ‘Declared’)
146)                    Havaldar: Sadhu Maharaj! Did you see a thief run past? (narration)
147)                    The world was shut out again. I returned to my berth. (simple)
148)                    What a large-hearted soul! (assertive)

149)                    But thy eternal summer shall not fade. (affirmative)


150)                    All the answers were different. The Tsar agreed with none. (Simple)




Link to Solutions of the Questions...

45 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may take time.....As being a XII student, I don't get enough time for typing the answers

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Shall thee be compared to a summer's day by me?

      Delete
  3. I would be highly obliged if I got the solutions too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. upto 80 no question, solution are posted......

      Delete
    2. Thank u sir. plz tell when will u able to give solutions of Q.No. 81 to 150.

      Delete
    3. 150: Being all the answers were different,the tsar agreed with none.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They seemed an anxiety about her comfort.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Positive:- Very few memories of my early childhood are as vivid as the two men.

      Delete
  6. 18,19,22,150 answer please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Answers to all questions has been posted already...

      Delete
    2. I want to know question no. 114

      Delete
    3. 18no :- She affectionately the son to eat some more.

      19no:- A silence has been wrought by the frost.

      22no:- All the answers being different, the Tsar agreed with none of them.

      Delete
  7. Where the all questions answer??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link is given in the post at the end. Read post carefully

      Delete
  8. I want the answer of no. 125

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boy said that he had wanted a pair of blue suede shoes.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Q. She was silent.
      A. She kept silence.

      Delete
    2. She was in silence.
      Or,
      She kept silence.

      Delete
  10. 18 number question answer ki hobe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't notice the Link to solutions of the questions is given below

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 143no.(split into separate sentence )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very few memories of my early childhood are as vivid as the two men.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Read the post carefully. Link to solutions are given already.

      Delete